Mid-Level: TECHNICAL WRITER
Cambridge Global Advisors (CGA) is a strategic advisory services firm with deep expertise and experience at the global, national, state and local levels. Our mission is to assist our clients in the management, development, and implementation of their national security programs, practices, and policies, with a special interest in homeland security. We work with government, non-profit organizations, and Fortune 500 companies to provide strategic advisory and project management services as well as public diplomacy, outreach and engagement, and communications.
This position is a contractual mid-level position with US-CERT (United States Computer Readiness Team), housed within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. US-CERT’s primary mission is to respond to major cyber incidents, analyze threats, and exchange critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world. Among other task orders, CGA supports US-CERT, its mission and its leadership through communications and stakeholder engagement activities. Under this specific role, duties will include:
- Support the National Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) Communications/Publications
- Function as a communications and information specialist, preparing material for publications and other media internally and externally.
- Create, assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- Provide technical writing services for the review and development of work procedure documentation.
- Coordinate publications and other collateral material using both print and electronic media including the web and desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for distribution.
- Responsible for final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
- Research, analyze, and perform technical review on triage of questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical communications infrastructure.
- Gather necessary information from Program personnel, other DHS employees, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the Government in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Effective and personable communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-9 years’ experience in a cyber, homeland or national security related field
- Works well in a collegial, fast paced team environment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
Number of Available Positions:
The following two positions are open for this job:
(1) Evening/Night shift from 1800 – 0630 on Saturday & Sunday
(2) Morning/Afternoon shift from 0600 – 1430 on weekdays from Monday-Friday
To be considered for this position please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word format as well as one (1) writing sample.